Friday, November 12, 2010

Boot Up for the Winter!

Ladies and gentlemen: there are no more excuses for your foot game to be weak this winter, and you can blame the shoe/boot industry for that. This winter season, you have a variety of options for snow and waterproof boots. Patterns, animal print, bold color combinations, and much more are sure to make Chicago's and any other city tormented by winter more boot fashion friendly. I have chosen some of my favorites for women and men, but trust me, there are tons more.

On the left is the  Steve Madden Tsunamii  Water Proof boot ( More varieties on the site). This boot also comes in a variety of colors. I happen to like this one for its simplicity and it is actually functional. Remember, before you can be stylish during the Winter, it's best to be prepared.

On the right is the Kate Spade Randi waterproof boot. Cute and functional. I like the red and black combination on the linked site too. 
For the men: this is the Sorel 1964 Premium CVS ( Check the site for varying styles). Sturdy, stylish, and functional. But let me say this, as I was browsing through the rows of water proof boots for men, I noticed that some of their boots actually came up to the knee. I don't really know how I feel about this. Maybe if you were going to be standing in 2-3 feet of water, that'll be okay. But if you live in Chicago, and you are just walking to your office in knee high boots...well...ummm.....let's just say it will take a braaaaave man to do that.

Oh, and Ugg and Timberland ( as usual)  have a nice array of waterproof boots for men too. The one I choose jsut happens to be the one I thought would be most appealing to men in general.


*Tip* When purchasing your water proof boots, make sure you actually check the detailing and the craftmenship. Inspect the quality of the boot, compared to the price. I know it is the style of the boot that may naturally attract you first, but you have to make sure the boot is Winter ready.


Again, there are literally tons more out there, so happy searching for your functional and stylish winter boots!

1 comment:

  1. Love your boot advice! I am going to have to buy oooone more pair because of you! :0) I think I bought an old-ladyish pair of boots because they fit my idea of pratical. But I need a fashion boost or boot! :0)lol... Thank you for the great post...

    ReplyDelete